I love NPR’s Pop Culture Happy Hour, and I always wonder where I can find links to all the cool things they discuss. So I decided to post them myself!
So for last Friday’s episode, Super Happy Monkey Time, here is what I’ve got:
- Stephen proposes Appreciation Day
- Right Place at the Right Time
- Trey does the mambo shuffle to a club re-mix of Madonna singing Don’t Cry for Me Argentina
- Stephen praises The Simpsons and Mr. Show, and talks about his book, The Tenacity of the Cockroach
- Linda sings I Sing the Body Electric from Fame at music camp and recommends Martha Wainwright’s Don’t Forget
- Glen recommends Hank Stuever’s article critiquing Glee in the Stranger and Mark Merlis’s novel An Arrow’s Flight
- Glen recommends Thor: The Mighty Avenger (vol1 and vol2) and Gotham Central
- Trey remembers Jerry Orbach voicing the candlestick in Beauty and the Beast (and much more)
- Stephen remembers Calvin & Hobbes and Bloom County and Jim Henson
- Linda remembers the great but short-lived show Sports Night
- Trey remembers a great passage celebrating Jim Henson in the intro to Everything Was Possible and Linda recalls Being Elmo
- Glen talks about Wet Hot American Summer
- Trey talks about tonic water…
- Stephen sings the praises of Justin Vernon from Bon Iver covering I Can’t Make You Love Me and Clem Snide singing Your Favorite Music
- Linda loves Matt Paxton from Hoarders
2 thoughts on “Pop Culture Happy Hour: Super Happy Monkey Time – the links”
Thanks so much for doing this!
My pleasure! I’m sorry I haven’t done last week’s, but I’m in Brazil for work and so I have not had a chance to even hear it yet!