Then they discuss Frank Bruni’s column on being on the outside of the Harry Potter craze and being a poseur, which reminds me of Pierre Bayard’s great book How to Talk about Books You Haven’t Read.
- Obscure talents that should be more appreciated
- Trey talks about DC Cowboys, a gay dance troupe
- Glen describes the shirtless Pelegrini Brothers performing for the Pope
- Trey recommends we all view this clip of Varla Jean Merman singing while eating Cheez Whiz
- Stephen talks about flea circuses
- Linda longs for better ventriloquists than Jeff Dunham, recalling creepy Twilight Zone episodes with ventriloquists, like this one. And they all laugh about this Mr. Show sketch about East Coast vs West Coast ventriloquism (note: some strong language).
- What’s Making You Happy This Week?
- Glen likes meta-commentary on snacks: Revolting Snacks of America: A Field Guide and Mike & Tom Eat Snacks (with two actors from Ed, a show I used to really love).
- Stephen is still psyched about Appreciation Day…
- Trey enjoyed Louis Virtel’s Verbal Vogueing (strong language)
- Linda enjoyed this Trader Joe’s cartoon of Parks & Recreation’s Ron Swanson, selling bacon
Thanks, guys! See you next week!