In case you like to watch foreign films that are unrated in the USA, but you care about what the film would be rated in the US, here’s the way to do it.
- Look up the film on IMDB.com. For example, look at a movie I like, Stupeur et tremblements.
- Scroll down, past the cast, to the Additional details section.
- Look for the Certification. That shows what the movie was rated everywhere that it was rated. For example, for Stupeur et tremblements, it says, “Iceland:10 | Finland:K-11 | Hong Kong:IIA | Netherlands:AL | Norway:11 | Sweden:7 | Switzerland:10 (canton of Geneva) | Switzerland:10 (canton of Vaud) | UK:12A | USA:Unrated“
- And you can click on any of those links (e.g., UK:12A) to see other movies that had that rating: Angels & Demons, Akeelah and the Bee.
- If you want more detail on that rating, you can go to wikipedia’s page on a range of Motion Picture Rating Systems.